Wednesday, June 24, 2009

People Read For Fun. No...Seriously.

Any time I have a book sitting on my desk to read during my lunch or my break, someone inevitably asks me, "So...what class are you taking?"
 
I was previously unaware that the only instance a person should open a book would be when it is mandatory and assigned.
 
I like reading...and, it would seem, a lot of other people do, too. In fact, they have entire stores dedicated to people who read. Shocking, I know...but for such a niche market, Cool Springs alone has at least three stores that are more or less dedicated solely to readers. It probably seems a little overkill to have so many reading supply stores in one neighborhood, but perhaps Cool Springs is the headquarters of some reading-related industry.
 
There's also another spot deeper into Franklin where they let you borrow reading supplies for a certain amount of time for no fee. Crazy, I know...that's an idea that's bound to fail. I've heard rumors that there's an even bigger one in downtown Nashville.
 
Even the Internet is getting in on the reading supply market, because I've found one website that apparently caters primarily to readers who require reading supplies. Supposedly, that website does pretty well for itself, too.
 
One time, I even heard that sometimes movie producers will take a book and actually read it...and then turn it into a movie. Yeah...I didn't believe it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment